1. When it comes to fixing something that is broken in our world, what are you most passionate about?
2. Who have been the most influential people in your life and why?
3. When it comes to having hope, (10 being a lot of hope and 1 being no hope), how would you rate the future and why?
4. With over 300,000 churches in America (with 4000 closing their doors every year), what impact do you think the church is having in our culture when it comes to Jesus’ mission statement in Luke 4:18-19?
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
5. What specific things could the American church do better to represent Luke 4:18-19?
6. With all the problems in America, does the American church have an obligation to address global poverty? If yes, why? If no, why?
I can’t wait to hear what you think!